£150,000for‘Our Finest Dour’ project.
Heritage Lottery Fund (95k), Dover District Council, the Environment Agency, Dover Town Council, Dover Big Local, Southern Water, and Affinity Water.
Works will include:
- Convert the disused Buckland toilet block into a permanent river centre to facilitate activities and provide information
- Deliver a programme of different training opportunities for volunteers
- Establish and train a core group of around 10-15 volunteer river rangers
- Carry out restoration work to improve habitats and clear invasive weeds
- Set up a ‘livestream’ showing the wildlife in the river
- Deliver a series of education workshops with local schools and colleges
- Host a series of engagement events including a River Dour Festival
- Establish an action plan to provide long term management alongside partners.
The HLF grant has been awarded to Dover District Council and the White Cliffs Countryside Partnership, who applied for the funding. The project will be delivered with a range of key partners, including the River Dour Partnership and South East Rivers Trust.
For more information, or if you’re interested in being a river ranger, or volunteering as part of the project, please email email@example.com